- This event has passed.
2019 Advanced Metabolomics Workshop
13th Mar 2019 - 15th Mar 2019
The African Centre for Gene Technologies (ACGT), the University of Johannesburg and the University of Pretoria has organized an Advanced Metabolomics Workshop to provide a platform to address key issues and challenges in the field of metabolomics. The workshop will be held at the Hatfield campus of the University of Pretoria from the 13-15th March 2019. The workshop will cover more advanced metabolomics topics using a combination of lectures, interactive round table discussions and computer-based practical sessions.
The workshop will cover these topics:
- Applications of Metabolomics (clinical, plant/agricultural, industrial)
- LC-MS/MS/NMR metabolite identification
- Simple and Multivariate statistics
- Data Standards and metabolomics resource
- Network-oriented metabolomics data mapping
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Metabolomics Networks
- Using fragmentation to enhance metabolite IDs
- Project-specific discussions with delegates
The workshops will be facilitated by a team of renowned Metabolomics experts, both local and international.
These are the facilitators:
Dr. Reza Salek, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Dr. Karl Burgess, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Dr. Fabien Jourdan, INRA Toulouse, France
Dr. Justine Bertrand-Michel, INSERM Toulouse, France
Dr Naomi Rankin, University Hospital Wishaw, Scotland, UK
Dr Jasper Engel, Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
Dr. Fidele Tugizmana, University of Johannesburg, RSA